Monday, November 10, 2008

One day in Pune

I was grateful for the day off on Monday having worked the entire weekend. I took advantage by sleeping in a little longer as I was feeling a little bit under the weather, perhaps the change in climate and diet, but the rest was very much welcome.

I had a short two hour flight down to Pune and arrived at my hotel for around 7pm, located in the busy hub of Pune’s main MG (Mahatma Ghandi) Street. I took a walk along the hussle and bussle of this croweded shopping district and saw much in the way of how India thrives in trade.Gold, spices, fabric stores, fashion chains, brand sports stores such as Nike and Adidas. There was literally no vacant shop, no sign economic downturn on MG Street!

I had an unsettled night and found it hard to sleep, I think largely because I was sat in front of my laptop till the early hours and eventually managed about four hours sleep.

The following day at the fair I was pleased to see a more intimate enviroment, less exhibitors and FSUSA was the exclusive vendor prompting higher education opportunities in the US.

This exhibition is billed as an international education fair for Indian students, but the international presence is minimal and to the advantage of the institutions I am representing.

As such I am only two cities in to the tour and my business cards or should I say 'visiting cards' are all but gone! I guess I will have to be less prudent with the Spring tour.

So far I have received around 120 completed enquiries from 3 exhibitions, how fun is that going to be emailing responses and forwarding information to my member institutions! I guess I won’t be sight seeing on the final leg of the Indian tour, the world famous Bombay, or Mumbai as it is known these days.

The road to Mumbai!

No comments: