Monday, October 20, 2008

FSUSA 7 cities & 3 countries tour announced

Future student USA is pleased to announce the dates and locations of the Fall 2008 tour

I am excited to be starting the tour in India, a country with a rich and fascinating history, it seems appropriate to be starting the tour in India as it is a country I am visiting for the first time and is considered very important. Currently 580,000+ Indian students are studying in the USA, making India the largest community of foreign students in America.

I arrive in New Delhi and I will be participating in the Education worldwide India fair. This will be a great opportunity to meet students from the three cities I will be attending, which are New Delhi, Pune and Mumbai.

I then travel to Turkey or should I say Turkiye, a country that I have a close affiliation having spent time in Istanbul and Izmir. My parents were Turkish-Cyrpiot and whilst I am British, growing up I became aware of my heritage and I am proud that I can be in Turkey to meet and advise Turkish students. The A2 fairs are very well organised and I will be attending only two cities, the wonderful city of Istanbul and the capital of Ankara.

I would have hoped to stay and go onto Izmir, but Vietnam will be waiting for me and the fair organised by VIECA in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. I visited the latter in February of this year and thoroughly enjoyed the amazing energy and dynamic in Ho Chi Minh, for a westerner visiting this region of the world for the first time was enthralling, exotic and so charming I can't wait to return and I get to experience Hanoi for the first time too.

I look forward to starting this exciting tour and meeting lots of students, parents and advisors during my 7 cities in 3 countries tour, see you all soon!

No comments: